Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default REC: Coq au Vin Blanc

On Monday, December 31, 2012 12:52:24 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:

> Thanks, that looks good enough to give a try and I just happen to have
>
> some of that truffle butter on hand. Tarragon is another matter,
>
> fresh or dried. Not that I don't like tarragon, but I am not French
>
> and don't have enough uses for it to replace the stale bottle of dried
>
> tarragon that I finally threw out, but this recipe looks good enough
>
> that I'll buy tarragon.... not sure what form it will be in yet, but I
>
> can always freeze "fresh" tarragon.

It looks great to me too, except for the tarragon, and that's heavier on the wine than I'd prefer. Also, the idea of buying grape seed oil to use one tablespoon is absurd. It's a crappy oil that's prone to rancidity.
http://rense.com/general85/grapeseed.htm
If you have grapeseed oil, throw it out.

--Bryan