Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_18_] dsi1[_18_] is offline

Default Fiscal Cliff Parties?

On 12/14/2012 4:00 PM, gloria p wrote:

> Have you priced whole cloves lately?
>
> gloria p

Ah, you're right about the price of cloves. I would recommend that you
substitute cinnamon or mint flavored tooth picks. You might be able to
get these free at restaurants. Good luck!

I once made a glazed Spam loaf when I was in high school. I glazed it
with pineapple and studded it with many cloves after scoring it. It was
cooked in our toaster oven and it looked pretty good. I took one bite
and thought it was pretty revolting. I guess you can't make a silk purse
out of sow's ear. Anyway I dumped the whole loaf but the lesson I
learned was an important one - don't mess with da Spam!