Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fiscal Cliff Parties?

Anyone going to have a Fiscal Cliff party?

I wonder what would be good to serve... perhaps: egg drop soup, Clif
bars, mashed potatoes (formed like Devil's Tower). Foods that are fiscally
responsible, such as beans and rice, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese,
etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/2012 5:06 AM, Somebody wrote:
> Anyone going to have a Fiscal Cliff party?
>
> I wonder what would be good to serve... perhaps: egg drop soup, Clif
> bars, mashed potatoes (formed like Devil's Tower). Foods that are fiscally
> responsible, such as beans and rice, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese,
> etc.

No. Bread and water. The ultimate poverty food.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/2012 2:06 AM, Somebody wrote:
> Anyone going to have a Fiscal Cliff party?
>
> I wonder what would be good to serve... perhaps: egg drop soup, Clif
> bars, mashed potatoes (formed like Devil's Tower). Foods that are fiscally
> responsible, such as beans and rice, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese,
> etc.

Beans and Kool-Aid. A clove studded Spam "roast" glazed with grape jelly
will add that extra festive appeal. Good luck!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 12/14/2012 2:06 AM, Somebody wrote:
>> Anyone going to have a Fiscal Cliff party?
>>
>> I wonder what would be good to serve... perhaps: egg drop soup, Clif
>> bars, mashed potatoes (formed like Devil's Tower). Foods that are
>> fiscally
>> responsible, such as beans and rice, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese,
>> etc.
>>

> Beans and Kool-Aid. A clove studded Spam "roast" glazed with grape jelly
> will add that extra festive appeal. Good luck!

special "Kool-Aid"? And is there a vegetarian version of Spam?

I think I still have a copy of Thelma and Louise; I fast forward through the
parts with BP.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/2012 2:42 PM, Somebody wrote:

> special "Kool-Aid"? And is there a vegetarian version of Spam?

Ain't nothing special about Kool-Aid, it's po' folk food. Vegetarian
Spam is an abomination and would mean that the end days are neigh. You
might like Spam flavored macadamia nuts. That might be vegetarian. I had
some once and it actually tasted OK. That is, until I thought about the
concept of Spam flavored macadamia nuts and almost vomited.

> I think I still have a copy of Thelma and Louise; I fast forward through the
> parts with BP.

What the heck, fast forward to the ending and save a whole lot of time.
It's the fiscally responsible thing to do. Forget about it if you're
talking VHS though. I'd rather jump over a cliff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/2012 5:28 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 12/14/2012 2:06 AM, Somebody wrote:
>> Anyone going to have a Fiscal Cliff party?
>>
>> I wonder what would be good to serve... perhaps: egg drop soup, Clif
>> bars, mashed potatoes (formed like Devil's Tower). Foods that are
>> fiscally
>> responsible, such as beans and rice, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese,
>> etc.
>>

> A clove studded Spam "roast" glazed with grape jelly
> will add that extra festive appeal. Good luck!

Have you priced whole cloves lately?

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/2012 4:00 PM, gloria p wrote:

> Have you priced whole cloves lately?
>
> gloria p

Ah, you're right about the price of cloves. I would recommend that you
substitute cinnamon or mint flavored tooth picks. You might be able to
get these free at restaurants. Good luck!

I once made a glazed Spam loaf when I was in high school. I glazed it
with pineapple and studded it with many cloves after scoring it. It was
cooked in our toaster oven and it looked pretty good. I took one bite
and thought it was pretty revolting. I guess you can't make a silk purse
out of sow's ear. Anyway I dumped the whole loaf but the lesson I
learned was an important one - don't mess with da Spam!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

> What the heck, fast forward to the ending and save a whole lot of time.
> It's the fiscally responsible thing to do. Forget about it if you're
> talking VHS though. I'd rather jump over a cliff.

what is VHS?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/2012 4:34 PM, Somebody wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>
>> What the heck, fast forward to the ending and save a whole lot of time.
>> It's the fiscally responsible thing to do. Forget about it if you're
>> talking VHS though. I'd rather jump over a cliff.

> what is VHS?

Good question... I don't remember.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On 12/14/2012 2:06 AM, Somebody wrote:
> > Anyone going to have a Fiscal Cliff party?
> >
> > I wonder what would be good to serve... perhaps: egg drop soup, Clif
> > bars, mashed potatoes (formed like Devil's Tower). Foods that are fiscally
> > responsible, such as beans and rice, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese,
> > etc.
> >

> Beans and Kool-Aid. A clove studded Spam "roast" glazed with grape jelly
> will add that extra festive appeal. Good luck!

Are you kidding there? :-o
Actually, imagining this....I'll bet Spam dipped in a little grape jelly
might actually be ok. I'll have to try one bite of that.

Gary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 14, 2012 8:25:20 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> I once made a glazed Spam loaf when I was in high school. I glazed it
>
> with pineapple and studded it with many cloves after scoring it. It was
>
> cooked in our toaster oven and it looked pretty good. I took one bite
>
> and thought it was pretty revolting. I guess you can't make a silk purse
>
> out of sow's ear. Anyway I dumped the whole loaf but the lesson I
>
> learned was an important one - don't mess with da Spam!

I learned that lesson decades ago. I leave it on the grocery shelf.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2012 2:46 AM, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> On 12/14/2012 2:06 AM, Somebody wrote:
>>> Anyone going to have a Fiscal Cliff party?
>>>
>>> I wonder what would be good to serve... perhaps: egg drop soup, Cliff
>>> bars, mashed potatoes (formed like Devil's Tower). Foods that are fiscally
>>> responsible, such as beans and rice, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese,
>>> etc.
>>>

>> Beans and Kool-Aid. A clove studded Spam "roast" glazed with grape jelly
>> will add that extra festive appeal. Good luck!

> Are you kidding there? :-o
> Actually, imagining this....I'll bet Spam dipped in a little grape jelly
> might actually be ok. I'll have to try one bite of that.
>
> Gary

I kid, I kid. You should only try this if you're a nut about Spam, and
even then you might dump it in the trash. That's what I did.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2012 5:06 AM, Bryan wrote:
> On Friday, December 14, 2012 8:25:20 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
>>

>> I once made a glazed Spam loaf when I was in high school. I glazed it
>>
>> with pineapple and studded it with many cloves after scoring it. It was
>>
>> cooked in our toaster oven and it looked pretty good. I took one bite
>>
>> and thought it was pretty revolting. I guess you can't make a silk purse
>>
>> out of sow's ear. Anyway I dumped the whole loaf but the lesson I
>>
>> learned was an important one - don't mess with da Spam!

> I learned that lesson decades ago. I leave it on the grocery shelf.
>
> --Bryan

Your attitude is mostly due to the region you grew up in, not because of
your discriminating taste. You didn't grow up in a geographically
isolated part of the world. For a lot of those people, canned meats were
the only thing available and that's what they grew up on. There are
areas where that's still true today. If you were raised in Samoa, you'd
think canned corned beef and Spam were pretty tasty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody > wrote:
> Anyone going to have a Fiscal Cliff party?

Could you please find something more substantial to jump off of?

Thank you in advance for your helpful cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Human Gene Pool
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 > wrote:
-snip-

>I kid, I kid. You should only try this if you're a nut about Spam, and
>even then you might dump it in the trash. That's what I did.

We're not *nuts* about it- but I have treated a spam like a ham and
everyone was happy.

We had a HI'an pizza this week-- I got funny looks, but they all liked
it. [probably not traditional- but I put some spinach with the spam
and pineapple & it worked.]

Jim

OT Fiscal Solution Dimitri General Cooking 22 14-04-2009 10:39 PM
Brewer Clifton, Cliff Lede, Clio Bi!! Wine 2 12-03-2008 12:54 AM
cuban parties [email protected] Baking 0 21-06-2006 01:29 PM
Two Parties -- Eight Wines Jim Wine 0 24-10-2005 10:18 PM
Mystic Cliff Whotsyface Wine 0 25-02-2004 09:15 PM