Posted to alt.food.wine
jcoulter jcoulter is offline

Default Fun surprise with mushrooms

I was debating whether or not to put some mushrooms on my Risotto
Milanese last night so I popped couple in my mouth to taste them. Not so
good so I opted out ofthe mushroom garnish. I then tried a sip of the
Barbera d'Asti that I had opened. I had orignally wanted to go with
Dolcetto but didn't have any. I suppose a Valpolicella might have been a
little nicer, but the real shock was the absolute horrible vinegar sour
etc taste. As per custom I had Beverly try. She said, "Yumm I like it!"
end result Barbera so so with Osso Bucco but OMG bad with off over the
hill mushrooms!

Joseph Coulter
having found my eternal september settings again!