Posted to rec.food.cooking
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Wedding registries for expensive gifts.

Thinking of impractical, never-used, and expensive wishlists: When
good friends of mine got married, in the pre-Internet era, I had
barely heard of registries. He wanted solid copper pots, while she was
content with these heavy orange pots and pans that I later realized
were LeCreuset.

I gave them an envelope full of cash according to the way of my
people.

When they split up, some eight years later, she kept the LeCreuset,
while he hung on to the solid copper. By now, he has had to have them
retinned twice.

The only time he cooks is when he entertains, so the pots see little
use these days.