Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Thanksgiving wines

On 11/24/12 8:42 AM, DaleW wrote:

> Nice lineup, and nice dinner (and Andrew having a blast is of course best part).
> The Navarro sounds intriguing.
> The M. Gaunoux wines seem to demand time.
> I've always really liked the '89 LB, thaough 89 is a riper vintage.
> thanks for notes

Yeah, the Gaunoux wasn't closed at the start, but it was fairly
backward. Speaking of which, the remains of the '89 L-B last night with
grilled, butterflied leg of lamb (the bounty of a mild Fall) was much
improved: more savory, less cedary, more like an aged Cabernet. It
still didn't have as much herbal character as I like in my Bdx, but
that's probably just Pauillac.

Mark Lipton