Posted to alt.food.sushi
Warren Ransom[_6_] Warren Ransom[_6_] is offline

Default Sushi on thanksgiving

On 11/26/2012 9:36 AM, Dan Logcher wrote:
> Warren Ransom wrote:

>>> I would miss the once or twice a year we actually have turkey. Many
>>> people
>>> don't seem to into turkey, but I love it. Just kind of a pain to
>>> roast a
>>> whole bird for just 4 of us..
>>>
>>> Very nice though.. Did you have uni for dessert?
>>>

>> I wish.
>>
>> I'm the only one in my family who likes uni. It reminds me of a day,
>> about 8 years ago, when a diver in Maine wanted me to mention his uni
>> on sushifaq and sent me a huge cooler full to test. About 50 live
>> Maine urchins. I got all my friends who like uni together and we spent
>> the evening sucking them out of their shells. It was an amazing night
>> and I'll never experience anything like it again, I'll bet. I gave
>> that man a mention (he had no website) and a great review.
>> Unfortunately he stopped after a few years, but I'll forever have him
>> on my list of awesome people.

> When I spent a week in Exuma Bahamas, I watched as a group of locals chowed
> down on their catch of conch. They'd notch the tip of the shell to cut the
> foot, then slide out the snail and eat it. I was drooling! Wish I had the
> nerve to ask for some.

Oh yes, I spent 2 weeks on my sister's research vessel in the Caribbean
(she's a marine biologist) and every day I would fish, dive for conch &
spiny lobster, and eat the freshest seafood I've ever had. I was so sad
I had to leave adn come back to the real world.

--
Visit http://www.sushifaq.com for the ultimate guide to sushi!