Old 25-11-2012, 03:10 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Sushi on thanksgiving

Wow, this place has gotten really quiet.

I just wanted to share that on thanksgiving, rather than the traditional
turkey, we had sushi and loved it. I'm trying to make it a tradition but
we'll see what the wife says.
--
Visit http://www.sushifaq.com for the ultimate guide to sushi!

Old 25-11-2012, 07:08 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

Warren Ransom wrote:
Wow, this place has gotten really quiet.

I just wanted to share that on thanksgiving, rather than the traditional
turkey, we had sushi and loved it. I'm trying to make it a tradition but
we'll see what the wife says.

I would miss the once or twice a year we actually have turkey. Many people
don't seem to into turkey, but I love it. Just kind of a pain to roast a
whole bird for just 4 of us..

Very nice though.. Did you have uni for dessert?

--
Dan
Old 26-11-2012, 02:21 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

On 11/25/2012 2:08 PM, Dan Logcher wrote:
Warren Ransom wrote:
Wow, this place has gotten really quiet.

I just wanted to share that on thanksgiving, rather than the
traditional turkey, we had sushi and loved it. I'm trying to make it a
tradition but we'll see what the wife says.

I would miss the once or twice a year we actually have turkey. Many people
don't seem to into turkey, but I love it. Just kind of a pain to roast a
whole bird for just 4 of us..

Very nice though.. Did you have uni for dessert?

I wish.

I'm the only one in my family who likes uni. It reminds me of a day,
about 8 years ago, when a diver in Maine wanted me to mention his uni on
sushifaq and sent me a huge cooler full to test. About 50 live Maine
urchins. I got all my friends who like uni together and we spent the
evening sucking them out of their shells. It was an amazing night and
I'll never experience anything like it again, I'll bet. I gave that man
a mention (he had no website) and a great review. Unfortunately he
stopped after a few years, but I'll forever have him on my list of
awesome people.

My typical dessert, though, is quail egg on tobiko. Most westerners
don't like the idea of a raw egg, but it's just so sweet and tasty.

--
Visit http://www.sushifaq.com for the ultimate guide to sushi!
Old 26-11-2012, 02:36 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

Warren Ransom wrote:

[...]

When I spent a week in Exuma Bahamas, I watched as a group of locals chowed
down on their catch of conch. They'd notch the tip of the shell to cut the
foot, then slide out the snail and eat it. I was drooling! Wish I had the
nerve to ask for some.

--
Dan
Old 26-11-2012, 05:59 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

Warren Ransom wrote:

[...]

Oh yes, I spent 2 weeks on my sister's research vessel in the Caribbean
(she's a marine biologist) and every day I would fish, dive for conch &
spiny lobster, and eat the freshest seafood I've ever had. I was so sad
I had to leave adn come back to the real world.

--
Visit http://www.sushifaq.com for the ultimate guide to sushi!