Posted to alt.food.sushi
Warren Ransom[_6_] Warren Ransom[_6_] is offline

Default Sushi on thanksgiving

On 11/25/2012 2:08 PM, Dan Logcher wrote:
> Warren Ransom wrote:
>> Wow, this place has gotten really quiet.
>>
>> I just wanted to share that on thanksgiving, rather than the
>> traditional turkey, we had sushi and loved it. I'm trying to make it a
>> tradition but we'll see what the wife says.

> I would miss the once or twice a year we actually have turkey. Many people
> don't seem to into turkey, but I love it. Just kind of a pain to roast a
> whole bird for just 4 of us..
>
> Very nice though.. Did you have uni for dessert?

I wish.

I'm the only one in my family who likes uni. It reminds me of a day,
about 8 years ago, when a diver in Maine wanted me to mention his uni on
sushifaq and sent me a huge cooler full to test. About 50 live Maine
urchins. I got all my friends who like uni together and we spent the
evening sucking them out of their shells. It was an amazing night and
I'll never experience anything like it again, I'll bet. I gave that man
a mention (he had no website) and a great review. Unfortunately he
stopped after a few years, but I'll forever have him on my list of
awesome people.

My typical dessert, though, is quail egg on tobiko. Most westerners
don't like the idea of a raw egg, but it's just so sweet and tasty.

--
Visit http://www.sushifaq.com for the ultimate guide to sushi!