Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default Okay, Thunderbird config is almost done

Susan wrote:
> x-no-=archive: yes
>
> On 11/8/2012 11:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> How do I easily delete all the political crap I don't care about? It is
>> n ones business who I voted for and I don't care who anyone else voted
>> for, either. This is a cooking newsgroup, not alt.politics.
>>
>> At least with Windows mail I could simply highlight the unwanted threads
>> and click the DELETE button on the keyboard.
>>
>> Yes, I've tried their unhelpful "help".
>>
>> OB Food: I'm supposed to go out to dinner tonight as a thank you for
>> cat-sitting for my neighbor. We'll see how the restaurant and food is.
>>
>> Jill

> Right click on the thread header/title, scroll down to "mark" and choose
> "thread as read." Each time.
>
> If you want to deleted posters to those threads, you rt click on their
> name/addy and choose "create filter."
>
> Susan

I have only been able to kill what is already downloaded in
threads. Is that your experience?

Also, my experience is that I have only been able to create
filters based on posters if I open the miscreants' posts--which is
definitely suboptimal. (Then by clicking "message"-->create
filter...) Has T'bird improved on that since I switched to Seamonkey?