Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default Are you ready for Halloween?

lol..yes!..I always have that argument..sugar is sugar unless its been
modified like hfcs and even that doesnt hurt everyone..I got a pal who
drinks regular Pepsi all day and lives on candy and sweets and is rail thin
and very healthy...should I demand her to not eat that way because I cant?

my mom was a type one and she read all the magazines and would go all in on
whatever she read and would always end up in the ER..

she would cry "but they said swapping regular flour for bulgur wheat would
let me eat that!"..or "I replaced the bad regular sugar with fructose!".

sad...

KROM

"Cheri" wrote ...

This cracks me up Krom, really...I was at Walgreen's this morning picking up
a prescription for my dh, bought some shampoo and was checking out, putting
my number in for the Balance Rewards and there was an elderly man behind me.
The clerk asked him if he wanted to buy a candy bar (they seem to be
pitching different items while you check out these days) he said no he's a
diabetic and can't have candy. What was he buying? Wait for it...a loaf of
bread and the Nice Honey that was on sale. I kid you not. LOL