Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anyone plan on trying new foods/recipes?

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Seeing as how I have a cupboard full of beans and also some bacon tucked
>> away, I will be making a new to me recipe next week. It was posted
>> recently on the food newsgroup. I have all of the ingredients except for
>> needing fresh garlic, more onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and cilantro.
>>
>> That will probably be the bulk of my meals for next week. We are going
>> to go to Winco this week so hopefully I will be able to get some fresh
>> produce. We did not go this week because I really only needed a few
>> things that I couldn't get at Target or Costco and I didn't want to drive
>> all the way out there. Plus our day was not normal because I went to a
>> friend's party and left there later than I intended to. Another friend
>> wound up going to dinner with us and by the time I took her home, it was
>> much later than we would normally do our shopping. But... When I went to
>> Albertsons I just refused to pay their prices. $1.99 for a small red
>> pepper when they were 69 cents at Winco for a really large one? Nope.
>>
>> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
>> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>> chicken breasts?

> Burrito style. Cube the chicken and fry it in a bit of oil then add the
> seasonings.

I might try that next. I have a recipe for baking in the oven. Of course I
would find something that wouldn't involve the three new pans I have been
itching to use.

When you cube it, how long does it cook for? My big mistake is always in
cooking it for too long. My mom always cooked her meat to death which is
probably one reason why I dislike meat so much today. I tend to do the same
after once serving my husband some chicken that caused him to shriek that it
was raw in the middle. It wasn't. It was just slightly pink. Oh and his
mom cooked meat to death too.