Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anyone plan on trying new foods/recipes?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Cheri" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : >
> : >> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for
> Angela.
> : >> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
> : >> chicken breasts?
> : >
> : > Maybe something here would work.
> : >
> : >
> http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx
>
> : I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken. Like
> : enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb with
> her
> : meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken. Not
> put
> : it *in* something.
> There are all kinds of low carb tortillas available that could be used in
> this kind of recipe. I get some that are small and 3 carbs per tortilla,
> and others that arae large(like a wrap) with about 6 net carbs. I use
> these for all kinds of things.

She does *not* eat low carb. She is on the South Beach diet. She can not
eat low carb tortillas and neither can I because of the ingredients. If I
wanted a recipe for something that involved tortillas I would have asked for
that. I did not. I foolishly assumed that somebody might actually have a
recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning. But
no. All I get are other recipes that are not for that.