Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anyone plan on trying new foods/recipes?

Seeing as how I have a cupboard full of beans and also some bacon tucked
away, I will be making a new to me recipe next week. It was posted recently
on the food newsgroup. I have all of the ingredients except for needing
fresh garlic, more onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and cilantro.

That will probably be the bulk of my meals for next week. We are going to
go to Winco this week so hopefully I will be able to get some fresh produce.
We did not go this week because I really only needed a few things that I
couldn't get at Target or Costco and I didn't want to drive all the way out
there. Plus our day was not normal because I went to a friend's party and
left there later than I intended to. Another friend wound up going to
dinner with us and by the time I took her home, it was much later than we
would normally do our shopping. But... When I went to Albertsons I just
refused to pay their prices. $1.99 for a small red pepper when they were 69
cents at Winco for a really large one? Nope.

Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
chicken breasts? Mostly I have failed in making chicken that she likes to
eat. I did get some Teriyaki marinade that doesn't quite conform to the
South Beach diet but... I have been using just enough to dampen the meat
and give it some flavor. She did like that until I made the last batch and
burned it. But that wouldn't go so well with the Mexican beans.