Posted to rec.food.cooking
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default Pizza cutting wheel also great for cutting dough up for rolls.++

Il 22/08/2012 02:25, spamtrap1888 ha scritto:

>> I learned to use it when I was 8 or 9 at most, helping mum fix up the
>> cappelletti for Christmas, mum uses the rotella of her granny

> I used to work with a girl whose family name was Cappelletti -- I
> wonder how many other people share a name with pasta.

Hay, I too know a Cappelletti family
I doubt that the surnames tied to pasta are a lot, I only know these
Cappelletti and checking some lists of surnames doesn't help, just some
Farina (flour) and some Pasta here and there. Probably many surnames
have started with a clear tie to pasta but have then changed, or are so
ancient that the terms used at those days were very different from the
current ones, so one can no more recognize them for what they meant in
their origin. Take Fiocchi (flakes) for example, in some cases it comes
from the fact that one used to produce a small pasta format in the shape
of fiocchi, probably a lost pasta format. Who could guess that?