Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pizza cutting wheel also great for cutting dough up for rolls.++

Thanks to whoever mentioned this. Now my rolls are more uniform in size.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:02:45 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>Thanks to whoever mentioned this. Now my rolls are more uniform in size.

I used a cutting wheel regularly when I worked in a bakery. Yes it
works great for cutting sheeted dough cleanly and precisely. Used a
wheel and a small diameter rolling pin to cut parallel equal width
strips of danish dough to make up the danish rolls.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Il 20/08/2012 23:02, Kalmia ha scritto:

> Thanks to whoever mentioned this. Now my rolls are more uniform in size.

A similar tool is used here to cut tagliatelle (or pappardelle, as one
prefers), here it is

a) single wheeled
http://www.icissorrento.it/dettagli_...%20OTTONE.html

b) two wheeled, adjustable distance
http://www.icissorrento.it/dettagli_...OLAB ILE.html

I learned to use it when I was 8 or 9 at most, helping mum fix up the
cappelletti for Christmas, mum uses the rotella of her granny
--
Vilco
And the Family Stone
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 21, 6:59*am, ViLco > wrote:

> I learned to use it when I was 8 or 9 at most, helping mum fix up the
> cappelletti for Christmas, mum uses the rotella of her granny

I used to work with a girl whose family name was Cappelletti -- I
wonder how many other people share a name with pasta.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 21, 8:25*pm, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> On Aug 21, 6:59*am, ViLco > wrote:
>
> > I learned to use it when I was 8 or 9 at most, helping mum fix up the
> > cappelletti for Christmas, mum uses the rotella of her granny

> I used to work with a girl whose family name was Cappelletti -- I
> wonder how many other people share a name with pasta.

I knew a kid who shared his name with a type of cheese. His name was
La'Gruyere.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Aug 21, 6:59 am, ViLco > wrote:
>
>> I learned to use it when I was 8 or 9 at most, helping mum fix up the
>> cappelletti for Christmas, mum uses the rotella of her granny

> I used to work with a girl whose family name was Cappelletti -- I
> wonder how many other people share a name with pasta.

I worked with a lady with that last name too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Il 22/08/2012 02:25, spamtrap1888 ha scritto:

>> I learned to use it when I was 8 or 9 at most, helping mum fix up the
>> cappelletti for Christmas, mum uses the rotella of her granny

> I used to work with a girl whose family name was Cappelletti -- I
> wonder how many other people share a name with pasta.

Hay, I too know a Cappelletti family
I doubt that the surnames tied to pasta are a lot, I only know these
Cappelletti and checking some lists of surnames doesn't help, just some
Farina (flour) and some Pasta here and there. Probably many surnames
have started with a clear tie to pasta but have then changed, or are so
ancient that the terms used at those days were very different from the
current ones, so one can no more recognize them for what they meant in
their origin. Take Fiocchi (flakes) for example, in some cases it comes
from the fact that one used to produce a small pasta format in the shape
of fiocchi, probably a lost pasta format. Who could guess that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>My orchestra teacher was named Mr. Bean. No, not that Mr. Bean...

I knew a "Charles Roast" in college. One might guess what his nickname was.

Art