Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default 2012-08-13 Dinner

Kalmia wrote:
>Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> eggplant dip: roasted eggplant, purple sage (from our garden), garlic,

>Sounds like a meal FFAK. ( Clue: regal entity.)

Yeah, how Queen Shmoo spackles her ass to hide cellulite.

> I like to see new ways to fix eggplant.
> My last eggplant dish was much too salty -
> guess there's a limit to how much one should
> use to 'bleed' it, regardless of amount of rinsing.

With hybridized eggplant there is no reason to salt, hasn't been for
more than 30 years. When my garden produces a glut of eggplant I
slice thick slabs, brush with oil, season and grill... Delicious
Commoner Eggplant.
But this is Royal Eggplant:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Raisins-231418
Occasionally with a cornucopia of eggplant my garden produces a
Two Shmoo Eggplant:
http://i48.tinypic.com/29gd09i.jpg