Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Favorite green type salads?

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message

>>> I find those tiny Persian cukes to be great to have on hand for a snack
>>> when I get the munchies. Has angela tried that?

>> She might eat one or two but that's about it. The Costco sized bags have
>> something like 30 in there. She can't even eat one cucumber in the
>> course of the week. Exception being for the few days when she was making
>> smoothies. I think she got burned out on those. Is eating none now and
>> of course I bought a bag of frozen strawberries from Costco. Nobody will
>> eat those now.

> Hubby might like them? I occasionally warm up some frozen berries which
> creates a small amount of warm berry juice as well. Great over a good
> quality ice cream or even in thick, warm custard Generally though the
> kids use anything and everything for their smoothies. The latest is banana
> and frozen berries with ice cream and a bit of milk in the magic bullet.

No. He doesn't eat cucumbers and neither do I. Oh the strawberries! No.
He won't eat them. I will only buy single serve ice cream with nuts in it.
And only in small quantizes because we don't know when he is leaving. It's
not his favorite. He prefers plain ice cream. Would never eat it with
anything put on it. Nobody here eats custard either. Ice cream is
something Angela will eat and she can't have it. So we will only buy the
kind she can't have. She's not tempted by that. At least we have that big
freezer. The berries will keep for awhile. She might get back into
smoothies again one day.