Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Favorite green type salads?

Cheri > wrote:
: "Nana.Wilson" > wrote in message
: ...
: > These days I like to drink me 'salad' cause I use me Vitamix soo much!!
: > It sure is great!! Just throw in what ever veggies you like & round it
: > off with fave fruits & you are good ta go!!
: >
: > Nana

: Sounds like you're really getting a lot of use out of it. I'm not really big
: on drinking stuff, I like the chew factor, but glad you're enjoying it.

: Cheri

Cheri, I would agree with you on eating salad and letting it fill you up.
the only liquidy type I do is gazpacho, which I do in the food processor,
not the blender so it has quite a good chew factor.

I am not fussy or particular about green salads, generally buying whatever
looks nice in the greens departmen . Recently I got a boston lettuce at a
good price so that ws the base of my ssalads for almost a week.

what I do find difficult is making salad for one and keeping the greens
fresh for a few days as, if I want a variety of vegetables in the salad,
lettuces, baby greens, tomatoes, radishes, etc, one serving uses so few of
each that they tend to go rotten before I an finish them.

Wendy