Posted to alt.food.barbecue
r. dale shipp r. dale shipp is offline

Default Pork Shoulder.

In article >,
says...

FYI -- the new Wegman's in Columbia that recently opened is offering
cryovac pork butt for $1.29 per pound, price good until some time later
in August. As a result, the BJs across the street dropped their price
on same by $0.20 to $1.49.

When I do these, I brine overnight -- then slow smoke at 225 in my
electric smoker for 3-4 hours until about 170 internal temperature, then
foil and continue cooking at 225 for another 6 hours or more until
temperature reaches about 200. Bone will pull right out, and it shreds
easily with two forks. Also is good just having thick slices as hunks
of tender smoked pork.

--
R. Dale Shipp
spam_catcher3 (at) _delete_this_comcast (dot) net