cjmmytunes cjmmytunes is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillMags View Post
so.......I'm going to cook them the old granny Southern way we used to
cook mature green beans when I was growing up. Long and slow.
These will be the type of green beans that a lot of people think about
who believe that Southerners overcook their vegetables. Of course
that's not true. We cook young green beans quickly and serve them
still tender crisp. But these older beans are going to be tender and
silky with a flavor that is out of this world.
I can remember my grandmother cooking her green beans like that, the only thing she did that you didn't mention was fix corn meal dumplings. But, I preferred the corn bread.