PENMART01

Default Isn't it ironic

>Nancy Young writes:
>
>Last night I went out to dinner. I did not want to go to dinner, I
>wanted to go to sleep. Unusually tired. Okay, finally got it
>together, went to this place that has really good food. Open kitchen,
>I guess you might picture a California pizza kitchen ? type of place.
>Microbrewery.
>
>Anyway, I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat, but I knew I wanted it
>soon. The penne with vodka sauce was calling my name, but I thought,
>you need something with protien. Man, they make a great pasta fagioli.
>Maybe. Oh, I know, I'll have the peppardelle bolognese. Can you
>tell I was even too tired to chew?
>
>Guy brought over the drinks and the bread, they have nice cracker
>things and nice rolls. No butter, olive oil with pepper. I like that,
>but I really like butter.
>
>Backing up, when we went to place our order,

Hmm, along it's been I, I, I, (14 times) Aye, Aye, Aye... so was all prepared
for a follow-up to the 'dining alone' thread, and here you toss in a
monkey-WE-wrench. Just an observation, we've no question.

the guy said, there is
>food right behind you, I guess like a happy hour thing. Thanks, I
>think I need a real plate of food. I didn't say that, but you know
>how that happy hour spread can be. I wandered over to see if they
>had maybe some salad or something, what to my wondering eyes should
>appear? I coulda saved like $13! Peppardelle bolognese! Learned
>me to be a snob.

Hmm, back to the I, I, I (six more times)... 'we' died. Anyway, what's the
point of the story... other than the order taker being largely remiss in not
apprising you of the essentially free peppardelle bolognese. You needed to
quickly change your order, and/or refuse to accept for a cost what is
essentialy free. You're not the snob, the restaurant management is el stupido
for not removing that entree from the menu.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon