ellendarnay27 ellendarnay27 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Moore View Post
Anyone know the ingredient for the very unique taste/aroma for the
chinese fried rice that you eat at the chinese restaurant?
I've tried the sesamie oil but it does not taste like it.
I think the taste and aroma comes from the mixture of seasonings, the oil used, the cooked rice and the ingredients which may vary from shrimp, beef, pork, chicken and other seafood items. I have tried cooking Chinese fried rice at home and it went well with my kids. I used shrimp as the main ingredient, cooked them with shallots, garlic, spring onions, green peas, fried egg strips and red bell pepper. I used pre-cooked white rice. Lastly, I seasoned it with kikkoman soy sauce, a dash of olive oil and a little chinese seasoning powder. Hope this helps...