Old 17-07-2012, 10:31 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Big Jim Big Jim is offline

Default Pastrami Update

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 7/15/2012 9:50 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 20:56:01 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

The pastrami was wonderful! DH said "it tastes like pastrami" meaning
that I did good. :-)

You went with the pressure cooker method? How long for each stage?

-sw

On the smoker about 2 hours. I went by temperature rather than time, so
it was at 150 when I took it off.

In the styrofoam cooler wrapped in foil for about 2 hours. Was still
hot.

In the pressure cooker, 20 minutes under pressure and I let the
pressure fall on its own.

We won't get another meal out of it. He just had some for lunch.

There is another corned beef in the freezer, so I'll do a repeat in a
couple of months.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Sounds like you done good.
Janet, everytime I see your name I think of
the Mike Douglas and the heroine "Jane Wilder". It brings an image of him
sliding down the gully and landing with his face in her crotchg
BeeJay