Phil

Default Is sour cherry wine better than sweet cherry wine?

"Ray" > wrote in message m>...
> All I can get is sweet cherries so that is what I use. I have not really
> been disappointed but have nothing to compare with.

Great to hear! I'm glad to hear someone satified with their final all
sweet cherry product!

> underway so don't worry about it. It will pretty much take care of itself.
> If it comes out a bit off then concern yourself with adjustments but don't
> worry until then.

What kind of adjustments?

> Your SG is a little high but if it is fermenting well, and it sounds like it
> is, once again don't worry, it will do fine.

Yes it's fermenting in the air locked glass baloon just great!

> I would not recommend another racking until it stops fermenting. When the
> airlock stops doing anything, wait a couple of weeks or even a month so it
> will drop most of it's sediment and then rack and top up. That is when you
> might add meta. If you open it after it stops, then you will need to top up
> even if you do not rack.

That sounds like some sage advice. I'll do it like you said. I have
lots of time and I'll just let this sucker go.