Bill

Default Dishwashers - using vinegar instead of rinse aid

in article , Wayne at
wrote on 12/07/04 21:38:

>> Dish washer detergents are basic not acidic.
>>

> Oops! Sorry, I misread. Yes, I did say that, and it's true. I wasn't
> speaking about the dishwasher detergents. I was speaking about the
> cleaners designed to actually clean the machine.

That's OK. I read 'cleaner' as 'detergent' so we both get to stand in the
corner.

BTW many 'detergent' compounds contain agents designed to combat the build
up of hard water salts but in areas of extreme water hardness, they may not
be all that effective thus the need for an acidic 'cleaner' which if
compounded correctly will not harm the dish washer.