Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Searching for Cheap Flights?

Somebody wrote:
> "MotoFox" > wrote:
>
>> Actually, hitchhiking's illegal in a lot of areas as well. Washington
>> prohibits it on interstates and state highways, and Oregon (I think)
>> prohibits it outright.

> Was driving along Highway 36 in Kansas years ago to get to Denver and
> suddenly there were signs "Do NOT pick up hitchhikers" Then a mile later,
> we passed Leavenworth Federal Prison.

Those signs are standard issue on highways near any prison I've known
about. I've even seen them way out in the mountains near camping
sites. Huh, so the camping site we rented for the weekend is close to a
prison? Turned out to be a "honor camp for juvenile offenders" way out
in the mountains.