Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Behind the Scenes at a McDonald's Burger Shoot

On 26/06/2012 2:54 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Just eat the thing!

>> You're right and more people would probably agree with you if it were
>> not for the fact that fresh squeezed orange juice is so tasty.

> The thing is that juice oranges and eating oranges are very different.

True. Interesting to note that a lot of the oranges used for juice come
from Brazil, but when the Florida orange crop get shit by frost or some
other problem the local shortage of eating oranges is used an excuse to
boost the price of orange juice.... made from oranges from elsewhere.

On a related note... there are a number of cherry orchards in my area.
They got hit hard this year by Mother Nature. An early hot spell caused
the trees to blossom early, and then things returned to normal and we
had a frost the blossoms died. Several of the local sour cherry orchards
will have nothing. Others are so sparse that the farmer's aren't going
to bother harvesting at all. The local sour cherry juice processor has
already posted notices that their prices will be increasing...
substantially.