Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default Another ban on Big Gulps!

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> What gave them the right to pass *any* law? But making laws about food and
> drink (alcohol excepted) is wrong, IMO. Now I have no qualms with them
> saying that the manufacturers have to list ingredients or allergens. But to
> tell us what we can and can not buy? I'm not even sure I agree with the ban
> in NY on trans-fats. People know what they are. If they choose to eat
> them. Well... That's their choice.
>
> Why is alcohol allowed? Isn't it a drug? Shouldn't it be treated as such?
> I think so but I'm not in charge.
>
> Heck at the rate they are going they are going to ban any food that has more
> than a certain number of grams of sugar per serving. Next they might even
> monitor our carb intake! And then what? Fried foods? Butter?
>
> I can even understand it if they find something to be unsafe. I am thinking
> of cocaine that used to be put in Coca Cola.

exactly what was unsafe about the cocaine in Coca Cola and who determined that
it wasn't safe?

Cough syrup often has more alcohol than beer, should we ban cough syrup?

Yes, it has its uses. But