Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Another ban on Big Gulps!

"Susan" > wrote in message

> Cheri, I don't think folks do know what a normal serving size is any more.
> Conditioning and desensitization are really well documented phenomena.
>
> Susan

I certainly think you're right in some instances. I think it was Wendy who
pointed out that manufacturers are pretty crafty with their nutrition
labels. Hamburger Helper comes to mind in times past with the "serves 4-6"
on the package, small candy bars listing calorie counts for half a bar and
on and on. I'm sure it's confusing. I was fooled for a minute not long ago
with the 100 calorie pita pockets, but I really believe in the end that
people decide for themselves what a "normal" serving is supposed to be, and
I just don't think the packaging will make a difference.

Cheri