Glenn Jacobs

Default Pasta at High Altitude

I live at 9700 feet above seal level. Because of the altitude water boils
at a lower temperature and Pasta cooks much more slowly. De Cecco spagetti
recommends 12 minutes cooking time in their directions. It actually takes
about 18 or 19 minutes and I can not get the same sharp "al dente" point
that you get at lower altitude. With the larger pastas like Linguini and
fetticini I get better results. Water boils here somewhere arround 195
degrees F.

I suspect it was of those "you have to live with it" sort of things, but I
thought that I would ask for suggestions any way.

JakeInHartsel