Posted to rec.food.cooking
Polly Esther[_2_] Polly Esther[_2_] is offline

Default Buttermilk Biscuits, fool proof

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 May 2012 19:50:58 -0700, Me-an Hugh wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 28 May 2012 18:25:12 -0700, wrote:
>>
>>>These are the biscuits Squeaks usually makes for me when I visit.

>>>Work chilled butter into dough with pastry blender.

>> And if you don't HAVE a 'pastry blender'??

> Buy your biscuits in the blue tube.
>
> I'd answer your question but I know you're not sincere about wanting
> an answer.
>
> -sw

I'll answer. If you don't have a pastry blender, you can just arm yourself
with two plain old table-setting knives (that won't cut much of anything).
Hold one in each hand and do a criss-cross sort of cutting. The vital
detail in the recipe is the lack of saying what sort of flour. Obviously
(maybe) self-rising is not called for but there's a heap of difference in
the varieties and results. Polly