Steve Wertz

Default Question about *flour* tortilla press

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:34:01 GMT, lgo
<lgo@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrs tuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com>
wrote:

(Incontinentius Buttocks) wrote in
om:

>> Hola a todos. I'm considering buying this flour tortilla press for a
>> small restaurant I'm opening:
>>
>> http://www.villamex.com.mx/index.php...cion=index&op=
>> detalle&idt=1&idll=3
>>
>> But it's kind of expensive-- US$750 plus shipping. I considered this
>> type of household unit:
>>
>> http://www.everythingkitchens.com/tortillapresses.html
>>
>> But it just wouldn't be adequate, partly because I need tortillas
>> larger than 10". The $750 unit makes tortillas up to 30cm., which is
>> perfect for me. Anyone have any suggestions-- maybe a good source for
>> used institutional presses?
>>
>> Gracias antecipadas.

>It just might be simpler to order those burrito size (or any size)
>tortillas from a tortilleria, they will usually give a discount for
>large orders, and are not expensive.

You could probably get raw tortillas to, and just heat them up in
store. That way you still have that 'fresh from the comal' taste.

This assumes you live in an area that has a local tortilleria...

-sw