Incontinentius Buttocks

Default Question about *flour* tortilla press

http://www.villamex.com.mx/index.php...e&idt=1&idll=3

> Does it cook the tortilla, too? (I don't read Mexican*).. What are
> the controls for?
>
> Judging by the price of the aluminum press ($23), I'd say that the
> $750 model is probably overpriced as well. The aluminum presses
> are $8-$10 in the mexican grocers.

It doesn't cook the tortilla; it applies just enough heat to set the
tortilla in its shape, thus the temperature controls for the upper and
lower surface. A common complaint that I've heard about the household
unit is that the tortilla will often explode, because the machine is
designed to press and cook the tortilla at the same time, and it has
no temperature control.
As far as the aluminum presses you mentioned, those are for corn
tortillas.

I.B.