Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_5_] Nancy Young[_5_] is offline

Default Am I losing it?

On 4/28/2012 8:59 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> "Nancy Young" <replyto@inemail> wrote

>> That's where I got into trouble. Giving a fake number. I couldn't
>> care less that they know I buy kettle chips or whole grain bread,
>> I don't want my phone number in the system. No problem until the
>> day I forgot my card. I used to give out my teen line that was
>> connected to a computer for work, good luck calling that.

> I understand your thinking, but your number is in the "system" more than
> you think. Start with Google, Zillow, and then a few others that carry
> information.
>
> Amazingly easy to find your personal information, spouses name, ages, etc.

It's true, I just don't volunteer to help them out. I pay for
an unlisted number so only people I give it to have it. Every
time I order something online they want it. Hey, I contacted you
by computer, you can just contact me that way if you need to.
I just zero out the last four digits.

I took an internet course at the local college a number of years
ago and one of the early assignments was to look up your address
and phone number online. Mine didn't just pop up, being unlisted,
and I didn't push it. I have no doubt someone could get it if
they really wanted to.

nancy