Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default Sticker shock

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:32:38 AM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 4/25/12 9:23 AM, DaleW wrote:
>
> > I think the scariest thing is that it's so bad that $80/Gruaud and
> > $90-$110/LeoBarton are being held up as reasonable! I paid $45 for
> > highly ballyhooed 2003 Barton (04 same price) 2001 was last Gruaud I
> > bought, $28. Those are definitely outpacing inflation!

> Hmmm... I think that the estimated prices I saw were lower than those
> ($50-60 IIRC) but your point is still well taken. It is now the rare
> Grand Cru Classé that retails for less than three digits. As much as I
> love some of the Cru Bourgeois, it still pains me that so many of these
> wines are now out of reach for me and, by extension, with the vast
> majority of the wine drinking public. Oh, well.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

This is EP release time, 2011s are coming out now, 2009s have been on actual market for roughly 2 years
Lowest place that will actually have:
Barton Now PC $89, last year PC $89, 2 years ago Barton not released*
Gruaud Now PJs has for $63, but then big jump to $80 at PC, so I'd be interested if PJs will still confirm at that price. Last year JJB $63, 2 years ago PC $57.

*WS Pro only gives 1 mon, 2 mo, 3 mo, 1 yr, 2 yr, 3 yr, 4 yr options. I'll try to remember to check 2 yr next week, should show Barton