Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Robert Miles[_4_] Robert Miles[_4_] is offline

Default OT My Intolerance test

On 4/10/2012 1:40 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Robert > wrote in message

>>> Actually it is what they make Horchata out of and apparently it is
>>> commonly
>>> eaten/drunk in other countries.

>>> I am allergic to all fish. So I guess I will just have to remain
>>> deficient
>>> in that.

>> What about other seafood?

> I can't have *any* kind of seafood.
>>
>> Krill oil and some types of algae come from the sea and contain DHA.

> I tried krill oil. Didn't seem to do anything for me and the smell of it
> just made me want to vomit. I am giving it to Angela now but just taking
> those pills out makes me retch.
>>
>> Krill are somewhat similar to small shrimp.

> I know.
>>
>> The algae is where the cold water fish get it from.
>>
>> http://www.dhaomega3.org/Overview/Di...-3-Fatty-Acids
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krill

> I know what it is.

I've found a few more omega-3 sources, but I don't expect you to
like those either.

Grass-fed beef (not the cheaper and much more common grain-fed
beef):
> http://www.dlife.com/dlife_media/dia...ega_3s?index=6

OMEGA-3 ENRICHED EGGS
> http://www.dlife.com/dlife_media/dia...ega_3s?index=7

I've also seen a few mention of sources containing ALA type, such as
flaxseed, walnuts, and grass, but note the the human body is rather
inefficient at converting that type into DHA - less than 1% gets
converted.