Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.philosophy,talk.politics.animals,alt.politics

Default "Speciesism" - nothing wrong with it

On 4/18/2012 8:59 AM, dh@. wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:54:49 -0700 (PDT), >
> wrote:

>>> How could a guy who doesn't "believe the distinction between lives of
>>> positive value" and "lives of negative value" means anything, possibly think
>>> about such an issue in any sort of realistic detail? A mental handicap like that
>>> would necessarily prevent him from being able to think about it, though he may
>>> dishonestly claim to have lectured college students on that subject even though
>>> they know more about than he ever will. A student going into animal research
>>> certainly has a much better understanding about such values of life than a
>>> person who is as mentally restricted as Rupert claims to be.
>>>

>> I believe that you have not adequately defined the distinction between
>> lives of positive value and lives of negative value.

> You can't comprehend what it means

You can't give it any meaning, because you're lying about it. What
"lives of possitive [sic] value" means, to you, is existence. You want
livestock animals to exist, for your use, and *purely* for your use.
You don't care about the quality of their lives.