Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Roasted green beans recipe?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Julie Bove > wrote:
> : >
> : > : "Janet" > wrote in message
> : >
> : > : Thanks! Sadly I won't be making them again. I like them but I was
> the
> : > only
> : > : one who like them. Apparently my family only seems to like canned
> : > : vegetables. But I tried.
> : >
> : > Julie, you can make some for yourself if they work with your
> gasroparesis
> : > , just make fewer beans and any left-overs work well as a simple salad
> the
> : > next day either cold or room temperature with just a drizzle of red
> win ,
> : > balsamic or whatever vinegar you prefer.
>
> : No. The beans I buy come in a family pack. Far too many for me to eat
> and
> : I wouldn't eat them very often. I don't like leftovers.
>
> There are smaller packs or eve loose beans available and if you plan to
> make a string bean salad you always cook them the day before so they can
> get cool so they would be a DIFFERENT dish, not a leftover from the hot
> beans the night before. think of the salad as the main reason and the hot
> ones the night before as a litle bonus.

Maybe there are where you live but I haven't seen them here. I don't think
I would like a green bean salad and AFAIK they have bred the strings out of
beans. At least we can't get them here. I don't like salad dressing at all
and that is my big complaint with salads like that. I like roasted green
beans once in a while. I sure wouldn't want them two days in a row no
matter how they are.