Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Roasted green beans recipe?

Julie Bove > wrote:
: Does anyone have a recipe? It can't include dairy, bacon, thyme, basil, or
: tarragon. I can use olive oil or if necessary, Nucoa margarine. For my
: family the plainer the better. I had some in a restaurant that I loved but
: they were loaded with black pepper. I can maybe sneak a little pepper by on
: them but they do love the plain, bland foods. *sigh*

Not a recipe, but take whole, fresh string beans adn snip off the stem
endput in a roasting pan, oiled with olive ile and roll the beans around
in it. Add the seasonings of your choice, salt, pepper, garlic are
particularly good. roast in the oven , turning them at oeast once until
they are done, they may look a bit wrinkled or brown, but done cook them
to death or burn them. try about a 375 oven temp. If you like when done
pour a litttle balsamic vinegar on them, or serve that on the side for
your bland lovers.

Wendy