Nancy Young

Default Isn't it ironic

Last night I went out to dinner. I did not want to go to dinner, I
wanted to go to sleep. Unusually tired. Okay, finally got it
together, went to this place that has really good food. Open kitchen,
I guess you might picture a California pizza kitchen ? type of place.
Microbrewery.

Anyway, I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat, but I knew I wanted it
soon. The penne with vodka sauce was calling my name, but I thought,
you need something with protien. Man, they make a great pasta fagioli.
Maybe. Oh, I know, I'll have the peppardelle bolognese. Can you
tell I was even too tired to chew?

Guy brought over the drinks and the bread, they have nice cracker
things and nice rolls. No butter, olive oil with pepper. I like that,
but I really like butter.

Backing up, when we went to place our order, the guy said, there is
food right behind you, I guess like a happy hour thing. Thanks, I
think I need a real plate of food. I didn't say that, but you know
how that happy hour spread can be. I wandered over to see if they
had maybe some salad or something, what to my wondering eyes should
appear? I coulda saved like $13! Peppardelle bolognese! Learned
me to be a snob.

nancy