Rick Chappell

Default So if I can't overdose on tea, can I get drunk on it?

Well, "parson's tea" is tea with a bit of rum or whiskey in it. I
believe it was generally drunk to give the appearance of
abstemiousness without the corresponding burden of complete sobriety.
But I have just tried to look it up in the OED without success, and
although I do not always limit myself to words which appear in the
dictionary this does void my usual warrantee.

But regardless of appearances, after walking home from work on a
frosty Wisconsin evening (i.e., at some point between September and
May, inclusive) I have been known to make a strong cup of
Oestfriesland tea, brown sugar, and bourbon. But since hearing about
Catrin K.'s cannabis tea I'm thinking of switching to it.

Rick.