Posted to rec.food.cooking
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default Spaghetti aglio e olio (garlic and oil spaghetti)

George M. Middius wrote:

> I've heard of some of those events, but none of them is a simple
> vegetable. All those examples went through processing. I don't know
> how an agribiz company could produce garlic cheaper than by just
> harvesting and packing it. Do you?

Pollution and water: if you give polluted water to your vegetables you'll
sell polluted vegetable. When it happens in Europe the incident gets handled
a-la European, when it happens in China it gets haldled a-la-Chinese, and
since the list of higiene and QC issues in China is so long I tend to think
they would just hang a couple of persons to a tree and let things going on
as they are.
That's why I do my best to keep far from anything chinese