Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Peppermint Patootie Peppermint Patootie is offline

Default Stevia

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> >I don't find the liquid to have a taste at all, just sweetness, but everyone
> >varies and I used to hate the powdered Stevia. Splenda leaves a really nasty
> >aftertaste to me, so I use Nutra-Sweet powder, and Sweetz-Free for cooking.
> >However, I'm finding that the Sweetz-Free is starting to have a bit of an
> >aftertaste too. I imagine tastes change or something.
> >
> >Cheri

> Cheri, my brother cannot STAND the taste of Splenda either. I like it
> and find it has no aftertaste at all. But my brother is also used to
> using nutra-sweet (Equal) in soda, coffee, etc. It seems that the
> people who are used to the taste of Nutra sweet are the ones who most
> dislike the taste of Splenda.
>
> Strange... but it is that way.
>
> Evelyn

I can taste every artificial sweetener I've tried other than sugar
alcohols. Splenda, Equal, saccarine -- they all taste like I'm sucking
pennies unless they're in dairy. If they're in dairy and I don't use a
lot, I don't get the aftertaste.

I'm going to try some liquid Stevia.

PP
- Chris Malcolm