Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Stevia

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Do you have truth in labelling laws?
>
> "KROM" > wrote in message

> > I loved the splenda with fiber instead of malto dextrin or whatever as
> > it had no aftertaste..but last two boxes or so had a metallic taste
> > and looks the same as the regular now.
> >
> > so I'm calling shenagins on them..
> >
> > as I've said before companies make a thing great until they get a fan
> > base then go cheap because they figure most wont notice..
> >
> > sad..

> > "Nick Cramer" wrote in message
> > "KROM" > wrote:
> >> every stevia product I see is like one percent stevia and 90 percent
> >> erythritol or xlitol and the rest fillers so I see no point in it.
> >>

> > [ . . . . ]
> >
> > One of my daughters gave me a couple of stevia products for Christmas.
> > tasted each, so I could tell, her I did. I didn't care them and gave
> > them
> > to one of my other daughters. I really like the taste of Splenda and
> > it
> > doesn't raise my BG.

Not sure if you're asking me or KROM, but as far as I know, we do have
truth-in-labeling laws here in the USA. Of course, they're written by
politicians or bureaucratic hacks, so caveat emptor, eh?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~