Steve

Default Tempeh smoothie

Mark Thorson > wrote in message >...
> Steve wrote:
>
> > I'll second that. I have been eating tempeh for close to 24 years
> > on a regular basis. I have had no health problems. Neither have
> > the millions of Asians who must have beene eating it for centuries.

> The same argument could have been used 100 years ago
> for tobacco. All those Indians smoked it, and it didn't hurt
> them, right?

From what I have heard ( and I could be wrong ) Native Americans only
used tobacco in ceremonies, they did not have the accompanying 6
dozen toxic chemicals added to their tobacco, and they didn't add
nicotine to it either

If I sound unimpressed with you quoting the summary of a study ( a
single one?, by whom?) you read its because in a few months I will
have been a vegetarian for 25 years.

Nutrition has been a hobby of mine in all that time as well.

I've seen nutrition scares, theories, special diets etc come and go
more frequently then women's fashions.

The only thing that has endured over that 25 years is my excellent
health as a tempeh eating vegetarian.

I'm sorry, you will just have to do better to get me concerned about
this issue.

No offense

Steve