Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Stevia

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 11:29:03 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Wasn't it better to make drops then? Something like: "Every drop is
>>>equivalent to 1 teaspoon sugar.
>>>By the way, I didn't buy it, do you know if they have solved the
>>>'licorice taste' problem?

>> You can get it in a health food store in a tincture form.
>>
>> I absolutely hate the taste. If I must use a sweetener I use Splenda.
>> Evelyn

>I don't find the liquid to have a taste at all, just sweetness, but everyone
>varies and I used to hate the powdered Stevia. Splenda leaves a really nasty
>aftertaste to me, so I use Nutra-Sweet powder, and Sweetz-Free for cooking.
>However, I'm finding that the Sweetz-Free is starting to have a bit of an
>aftertaste too. I imagine tastes change or something.
>
>Cheri

Cheri, my brother cannot STAND the taste of Splenda either. I like it
and find it has no aftertaste at all. But my brother is also used to
using nutra-sweet (Equal) in soda, coffee, etc. It seems that the
people who are used to the taste of Nutra sweet are the ones who most
dislike the taste of Splenda.

Strange... but it is that way.

Evelyn