Mark Thorson

Default Tempeh smoothie

Hildegard Cassiers wrote:

> 1) I eat tempeh daily and I feel very healthy

That does not mean you don't have organ damage,
or other adverse effects that have not made you
acutely ill yet. Cancer, for example, usually cannot
be felt until it is in a very advanced stage.

> 2) Tempeh does not contain vitamin B12 analogs, unless it's
> contaminated with bacteria. I make tempeh under hygienic
> conditions and it does contain no bacteria, no vitamin B12
> and no anologs. Vegans who need vitamin B12 should take
> supplements.

Tempeh has been analyzed using reliable scientific methods,
and it indeed does contain vitamin B-12 analogs. On what basis
do you claim that your tempeh does not contain B-12 analogs?
Has your tempeh been analyzed, or are you just making this
assertion with no factual information to back it up?

> 3) Tempeh is very healthy and used safely for more than hundred
> years as protein source in Indonesia. I can't find any reference
> about people getting sick from eating tempeh.

Tobacco was used by the native Americans for thousands
of years, and they were completely unaware it posed any
health hazards. Historical use is no guarantee that a food
product does not contain hidden dangers.