Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tommy Joe Tommy Joe is offline

Default Horseradish revisited

On Feb 24, 11:26*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:

> The ingredient on mild, hot and Xtra hot horseradish will all be same,
> Alfie. *The heat is dependent on how long after crushing that they add
> the vinegar to "fix" the heat level. *It's a similar process or
> mustard.

I never made horseradish from scratch. It seems like it would be
a simple procedure, but I could be wrong. How many ingredients
typically go into a horseradish mix, and what are they? If it's not a
hassle, I wouldn't mind seeing some simple horseradish recipes here.
I remember it being around my grandparents kitchen when I was a kid,
the fresh stuff, but I never watched it being used in anything and am
pretty ignorant when it comes to it's uses and how it can be blended.
One of my few experience with horseradish is in a friend's homemade
cocktail sauce. I like the kick of it. Anybody have any fresh
horseradish recipes if it's not a hassle?

TJ