Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_15_] dsi1[_15_] is offline

Default Horseradish revisited

On 2/21/2012 8:56 AM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> I purchased some horseradish today. Sielski's brand from wherever. There
> was x-tra hot, hot, and this stuff that I bought that wasn't labled as to
> the heat content. So I assumed that it was a mild horseradish, which is
> what I wanted. It is crazy hot. Why can't they sell regular, mild
> horseradish where I go shopping? And why do they not label their
> horseradish correctly? I e-mailed the importing company, and am interested
> in what they have to say. I mean if this stuff which was not labled is
> crazy hot, then how hot is their hot, and extra hot horseradish? I had
> extra hot once, and this stuff that I have is pretty bloody close.

I like crazy hot. My suggestion is that you cut the product with a
little mayo. Adding a little sugar would probably help make it tasty. I
bet you could coat some fish fillets with this mixture, dredge them in
bread crumbs and fry. That would probably taste nutty good - bloody good
if you're in the UK.